Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Don't Want to Hear it.

Ladies and gentleman, I have returned. I took a self imposed sabbatical. I'd like to say that I was going through some life altering situations that completely turned my world upside down, but the truth is, I just didn't feel like writing for a while.
Today was a great day for me. I got to go on a charter for steelhead on the Muskegon River. This was my birthday present from my parents. The fishing was crazy and our guide was awesome.
We put in just after 8:00 this morning. It was nice and chilly and a heavy mist was rising from the river. The guide put us up at the head of a run and set us up to learn the technique of back bouncing. After less than a minute of practicing my line just stopped. Fish on!!! Talk about a great start. In a few minutes I landed a nice five or six pounder. We got back into position and within another couple minutes I had another fish on. Sweet. Got that one into the boat and decided to let it go. We're only allowed to keep three fish per person and I didn't want the day to end that quickly.
Throughout the next four hours or so we landed 12 more fish. We lost another eight or ten that we never got to the boat as well.
Some pictures from the trip can be found at http://www.muskegonriverguide.blogspot.com/.

No related links today. Just check out Jeff's website above or like him on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Muskegon-River-Guide/105859362801467.

No comments:

Post a Comment