Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm a Sheep

So, yes, I will be like every other blogger, journalist, and facebooker in America today. Today's post is about none other than Thanksgiving.
I love Thanksgiving. I love it because of the food. I love food. I love turkey, and stuffing, and mashed potatoes, and gravy, and stuffing, and ham, and rolls, and green bean casserole, and stuffing, and cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie, and apple pie, and stuffing, and pecan pie, and banana cream pie, and coconut cream pie, and stuffing.
I love watching the Lions play football on Thanksgiving. I don't care that they usually lose. It's all about tradition baby. Of course, this year the game could be really interesting. They are taking on the 10-0 Packers. Last year Detroit beat Green Bay. I'd be ever so thankful for a win today. But regardless of the outcome, it's the tradition of sitting there watching the game, complaining about how much you ate.
Speaking of tradition, did I mention that I love the tradition of stuffing? Well I do.
Everyone talks about how Thanksgiving is a great time of year because you get to be with all your family and everyone has a good time and eats and watches football. Me, not so much. I just love the stuffing. Don't get me wrong, I like my family and it's fun to get together with them. But we see each other multiple times a year. We don't have anyone that ONLY makes it back for the holidays.
I'll be heading over to my grandparents for dinner shortly. I'm bringing banana bread with maple brown sugar butter. Aunt Joy will bring the deviled eggs. Aunt Shannon will bring the green bean casserole. Everybody brings the same thing every time, and I'm just fine with that. As long as there's stuffing. What are you making?

Related Links
Why this day is what it is.
The good stuff.
The really good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment