Monday, September 12, 2011

How to Improve Your Self Image...List Your Weaknesses

In case you can't tell, the title of my post is a bit sarcastic.
I love learning. I love trying to do things I've never done before. That being said, there is a very short list of things that I am actually proficient at. The list of things I should avoid doing, on the other hand, is quite extensive. Here's a sampling of the things I'm less than adept at.

Music-Anything having to do with music is beyond my capabilities. I'm tone deaf and lack the coordination necessary to play any instrument...including the kazoo.

Metal or wood working-Everyone that has done any kind of building, fabricating, etc. knows the saying "Measure twice, cut once." Well I can measure a dozen times and still mess it up.

Dancing-A person that has absolutely no natural rhythm is not someone you want to see attempt to dance. Imagine someone suffering from the bends trying to ward off a swarm of hornets. That would approximate what my attempts at dancing look like.

Painting-I can draw and do pen and ink better than most. I'm really good at those. But put a paintbrush in my hand and it's like a kindergartener with finger paints. I just have no clue how to make paint do what I want.

Small talk-I don't care about the weather. I don't care about your kids, grand kids, nieces, nephews, etc. And I really don't care why we're both at the doctor's office at the same time. In fact, at the doctor's office, stay as far away from me as possible as I'd rather not catch the plague, ebola, or whatever terrible malady you are suffering from.

Finishing what I start-There are probably a dozen different projects that I am in the "process of completing" at the moment. If only I could

Related Links
Singing like me.
Some folks who actually CAN paint.
Some helpful hints