Sunday, September 18, 2011

How to Get the most out of Your Sunday

Gotta love Sundays in the fall. Definitely my favorite days of the year. Quite often it's nice and sunny and not too warm.
I get my kids (if they're not at their mom's) and I up and get ready for church. I/we go to church and visit with some friends I may only see on Sunday. Listen to the sermon. The pastor tries to be funny and the congregation tries to act amused. Then Sunday School and it's off to home.
Depending on how the Lions are doing this year I'll probably follow the game. If they're absolutely sucking, which is usually the case, I might go small game, turkey, or deer hunting, depending on what's open. Odds are I'll return empty handed which saves me the hassle of having to clean anything. If my kids are home with me I try to take them when I go after squirrels. I'll actually be taking my son turkey hunting this year as he's old enough to hunt under Michigan's mentored youth hunting program.. He could go deer hunting but he's not quite strong enough to pull back a hunting bow and he doesn't have enough experience with guns for me to be comfortable with him using a rifle. Besides, it wouldn't do to have him show me up.
Evenings are spent back at church as I'm a sponsor for the high school youth group. It's usually a pretty good discussion as we have some really smart kids and an amazing youth minister. I'm there mainly for comic relief.
After that I head home and relax for a bit. Get the kids ready for bed, then spend some time working on this blog as well as trolling archerytalk.com. After all, no day would be complete without reading a bunch of well thought out, informative, non-biased forum posts.
Then it's off to bed.

Related Links
I must be a masochist.
For those bowhunters with my same passion.
Who needs to be politically correct?