Wednesday, December 21, 2011

20 Hours, Give or Take.

I've said it before and most of you were already aware that I am a unrepentant nerd. Well my nerd world just got a bit more exciting. The first trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was just released. I'll admit, I'm not a huge Tolkienite. I haven't read the Lord of the Rings (henceforth to be referred to as LOTR) trilogy. I have read The Hobbit though and I was thoroughly impressed. It was a great story. And the movie looks like it's going to be every bit as good. Peter Jackson is back doing his thing. The visual effects are every bit as good as, if not better than, the LOTR movies. Unfortunately, the movie won't be released until late next year. That means my fellow nerds and I must endure the strategically scheduled teasers and constant hype for nearly a year. Fortunately though, I'm pretty sure that this won't be a massive letdown like Revenge of the Sith, and the last two Matrix movies. So enduring a years worth of marketing is a small price to pay.
Oh, this is somewhere around 20 hours. Starting to get sick of this barn. On a brighter note, I finally found colored graphics pens in the size I use. Hoping to try them out soon and see just what I can do with them. I've never been very good with color, but I think I might have a chance with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment