Saturday, December 10, 2011

12 Hours

I think I've found the meaning of life. My life that is. The meaning of your life may be (and probably is) drastically different. Or your life may not have any meaning and you're just using precious oxygen. How can you be so selfish? Just kidding. Everybody has a purpose, sometimes it just takes a while to figure out what it is. Back to mine.
I have realized that the expression "if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all" and Murphy's Law seem to be aimed specifically at me. I'm a walking disaster. I'll admit, a large part of it is due to my lack of foresight. But it seems a disproportionate amount that is outside my control falls to me. Don't get me wrong, this isn't me complaining about how hard or unfair life is. I understand that there are others out there like me who seem to bear the brunt of the load of misfortune. The reason I think this is true is that we are better able to cope with constant frustration or disappointment. I believe God has given us the gift of endurance. We shoulder the burdens that if left to others could be too much for them. Not everyone is equipped to handle these types of stresses the way we are. And I don't have a problem with this. If my ability to stand the constant letdowns, upheavals, and general crap that life gives us means that someone else doesn't have to suffer them and is able to face the world another day, then so be it. I'll gladly accept that role. 
What's the meaning of your life?
So I've got approximately twelve hours into it now. As you can see, I'm making actual progress and that's really the only thing that keeps me going on something so tedious. That and the fact that I want it to be done in time for the family Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment