Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another Obligatory Holiday Post

One more year has come to an end. That's not the only thing that has come to an end. With it, ends deer hunting in Michigan. Sure, you can still hunt various small game, but that's just not the same. I was actually planning on doing a bit of hunting in December this year. Unfortunately injuries and family obligations prevented that. I do enjoy small game hunting, it just doesn't provide that same heart pounding adrenaline rush that you get when you see a deer. Well, unless you happen to nearly step on a grouse. That will get your heart going in a hurry.
It's January 1st and here in Michigan there isn't any snow on the ground. It is snowing as I'm writing this, and the weather report is calling for 5-8 inches through tomorrow night. But for the moment, the ground is still bare. Normally at this time we at least have a few inches and the lakes are beginning to freeze over. And that gets me excited for ice fishing. I generally end up not getting out to go ice fishing, but I get excited about it none the less. I actually haven't caught a fish through the ice in about 19 years. I've tried, just haven't caught any. 
This is also the last regular season game for the Lions. They've already clinched a playoff spot and are now playing for the fifth seed. A win today gives them a much easier first round match up than if they lose. As I write, they are currently up 16-10.  
Something that hasn't ended with the new year though is my bad luck. I was cutting wood yesterday and had a tree drop badly and land on my leg. Fortunately God gave me the presence of mind to toss the chainsaw and keep me from serious injury. As it is, I seem to have a bad high ankle sprain, a wrenched knee, and some severe bruising. 
But it's a new year and things are only as good as you perceive them to be. Happy New Year everyone.

Sorry, I don't have an updated picture this time. Really haven't worked on it much on the last week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment