Friday, December 2, 2011

Three Hours

Well it seems I've run into a small hiccup in my fund raising for the mission trip to Honduras. It seems that I inadvertently violated the terms and conditions of my AdSense account. Because of this, my account was deactivated and I can no longer host AdSense ads on my blog. I understand that I was in error but you would think they would cut a guy a little slack for a minor mistake when it's rather obvious that all my actions were done in good faith that I was abiding by the rules. Oh well. I'm sure there are plenty of other advertisers that will be delighted to be featured on my blog. After all, it is the best blog YOU have ever read. 
Even though I didn't expect the revenue from the ads to even come close to paying for my trip, every little bit helps. I've decided that I need to be more pro-active in my fund raising. That's why I'm going to be stepping WELL out of my comfort zone. In one week, the church I attend (Bailey Christian Church) will be hosting a craft bazaar and silent auction. The booth fees paid by the vendors is going toward the church missions fund. I will be participating in this as well. I will have some of my artwork for sale as well as delicious, homemade, pure Michigan maple syrup. I will also be working on the gift for my grandparents so those interested can see just what my technique entails. The money I raise from my sales will also be going towards the Honduras mission trip next August. Feel free to stop by and see me at work, and maybe you'll see something that catches your eye. The church is located in Bailey, Michigan. It's the only church in town and it's right on the main road so if you can't find it I don't know what to tell you. If you don't know where Bailey is, don't feel bad, that's quite common. It's about twenty miles north of Comstock Park on M-37.
Approximately three hours into the project. Still not much area covered but the finer details are starting to become evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment